Saturday, November 10, 2012

Columbus Happenings

It's been a while since I updated this blog, sorry!  We've been very busy since the move and I want to share a few of the things we have been up to...


We decided to get a membership to the Columbus Zoo.  It really is one of the best zoos we have ever been to and the girls LOVE going to see the animals.  I forget how "hands on" this zoo is, it is so much fun that the girls get to interact with the animals.  The also love the rids at the zoo...maybe even more than the animals. :)


Here are a few of the places we were excited to visit around Columbus... Of course!  The Cheesecake Factory.  One of my favorite restaurants!   We went to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival.  It was super cold and rainy, but still lots of fun.  The picture with the turtle is at one of the many pet shops around Columbus.  This is Tucker and he wanders the pet shop with a balloon taped to his back.  He is huge and can actually move pretty fast!  The last picture is Ela enjoying her spaghetti from Piada, a delicious restaurant my friend introduced us to. 


The girls are very into crafting and creating.  Abbey has always enjoyed crafting (as you can see by her toilet paper roll spider and bat drawings - something she did completely on her own!) and Ela has followed Abbey's example.  She may or may not have a little OCD...notice the markers arranged by color?  This is something I totally would expect from Abbey, but it surprised me coming from Ela.  So cute though!  They created the lego "Flower City and House World" together one night.  



 This year we did THREE trick-or-treating nights...  One was Boo at the Zoo (shown below.)  It was pretty cold and rainy and of course, my little monster couldn't keep out of the puddles.  I had her hand me her candy and go jump as much as she wanted.  Abbey tried it for a minute and decided it was too rebellious!   We also did the ward trunk-or-treat and the neighborhood on Halloween night.  These two little sweeties got WAY TOO MANY sweets!  Mom and Dad have been very helpful in helping eat all the candy. :)



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all that you have been up to. However, it makes me miss your guts like crazy! I am so glad things are going good for you all in Ohio. Such fun things you have been up to :)

    ReplyDelete