Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving in New York City

We had the wonderful opportunity to visit my parents in New York City for Thanksgiving this year.  They are currently serving an LDS mission in Highland Falls, NY with a military assignment at West Point Military Academy.  It was such a great trip and we can't wait to go back and spend more time in NY while they are serving.

I am terrible at taking pictures while on vacation.  I usually completely forget to bring my camera along with me.  As I was looking through the 15 pictures I took of the entire trip, seriously, I was sad.  We did so many fun things and had such a great time and I really have no pictures to show for it. :(  Hopefully one of these days I will get with the program and document our lives a little better.

Here is a picture of our "nature hike."  This is Abbey and Ela's favorite thing to do.  We went on a trail close to my parents hut (their home is known as the Mission Hut on the Hudson) and explored the area a little bit.  

A gorgeous view of the bridges on our walk back to the cars.

We went downtown NYC on Black Friday and shockingly, it was not very crowded.  I've seen this iconic place a million times in movies and on TV, but it was amazing to see it in person.  

We of course made a visit to Yankee Stadium for Eric.  Unfortunately we didn't get there in time for him to tour the inside, but it was pretty neat to walk around.  This was the least crowded area we visited and the girls loved that they could run around without having to hold someone's hand.  

It has been many years since we have been with family for Thanksgiving and it was great to be with some of the people we love the most.  The girls loved staying at the hut and spending lots of down time with grandma and grandpa.  We love that we are only 9 hours away from them and can't wait for our next visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment